Thursday, April 16, 2015

I am beautiful.  Inside and out.  Someone told me that the other day, and to be honest, I started crying.  It's the strangest thing and makes little sense even to me, but I didn't feel beautiful anymore.  I felt ruined, tired, hurt.

But I am beautiful.  I'm by no means perfect, but people like me.  I'm not the type that needs everyone to like me, but after something like this, it means all the world to feel beautiful and loved.

Maybe the way to get over the pain is to feel what others are feeling.  I don't know.  But I didn't know that something so simple could be so healing.  Who would have thought? It's just a word after all.

But words in our society mean so much.  I was called things that I can't type here.  Those words that were told me will be forever engraved in my mind, locked away in a deep space where I pray one day they will not play over and over in my head.  But I've also been called words that have warmed my heart, pushed the hurtful words a little deeper.

Healing comes from the most unexpected things.  I've found it in things I've always taken comfort in.  I've found it in pounding the sidewalk way too much then is good for my ankle.  I've found it in the people around me, in things I've read.  And I've found healing and peace in God.  Because when it gets tough I need to remind myself that HE is in charge.  HE holds me in the cradle of His hand, under His wings, protected and safe.

And when the going was the hardest, He carried me.  His Word comforted me.  And when I was hurting to badly to be able to form words to pray, I know the Holy Spirit interceded for me as I sat helpless at God's feet.

I don't know what I would do without my Savior.  Though this is horrible and I wish so much I didn't have to face what I've had to face, He is there comforting me.  Giving me healing in the odd places.  And telling me I am made in His image and am beautiful.

And His voice gently whispers to me along the wind telling me to go in peace, because I am His.

No comments:

Post a Comment